APS European Centre for Mechatronics (ECM) based in Aachen, Germany was founded in 1981. They have been working in the fields of robotics, sensor technology, information and communication technology for more than 30 years. Engineers and technicians from various disciplines develop and implement interdisciplinary concepts and solutions in cooperation with national and international industrial partners, public procurers and researchers. A particular concern of theirs is the support for small and medium-sized enterprises in the introduction and use of innovative technologies. For the first time European Centre for Mechatronics is expanding its wings outside Germany, though this program to develop ecosystem for industries to effectively adapt and implement new technologies. Through �Indo-European Skilling Centers for Mechatronics and Industrial Robotics�, ECM intends to create such ecosystem in AP by training students to attain High-end technical skills to cater to the needs of global industry.
The APSSDC to achieve their mission of shaping AP as the skilled-workforce and knowledge hub for the world, is spearheading various skill development programs across the state.This unique program is in partnership with European Centre for Mechatronics, APSSDC and partner colleges/universities is set to enhance advanced engineering skills of 20,000+ students (over a period of 5 years) to the highest global standards in the fields of industrial robotics and manufacturing automation.
As a value addition to the program, ECM will also put efforts in connecting industry with academia through initiatives like industry visits, workshops by companies etc. Also Job Mela�s will be conducted to benefit the students of ARC Labs to kick-start their carrers.Objectives
1. Brining latest technologies in automation and manufacturing sectors to the labs of colleges.
2. Firsthand experienceon industrial robots for the students.
3. Learning with industry �driven production Requirements.
4. Real-time training to supplement students with skill on advanced technologies to make them standout in global arena.
5. Creationof knowledge pool of students with high-end technical skills for immediate absorption into research and Industry.
1. Students for the program shall be selected based on their academic record and performance in the ARC eligibility test.
2. Selected students will be provided with the materials to get well versed with the prerequisites like C language programing.
3. Apart from theoretical classes, emphasis will be on assignments involving designing tasks/jobs for the robots stationed in ARC Labs of their colleges and also at APS ECM.
4. Under experts supervision, students will be able to remotely access and work on the industrial scale robots at the labs of APS ECM, Germany during ARC 2.0.
5. The aim is to replicate environment of an industry using advanced robotics, for the students to work on. Helping them evolve from having theoretical knowledge towards practical approach to a problem.
|Course Commenced: 26-11-2019
|Course Commenced: 27-01-2020
|Students Registered: 37
|Students Registered: 30
|Students Registered: 29
|Course completed: 14-10-2019
|Course completed: 31-12-2019
|Course completed: going on